Swim Lessons for Adults Living with MS
Living with MS is a challenge! Tri Time Swimming offers lessons specifically for adults living with MS. Swimming is about
being safe, confident and having fun in and around the water. Our goal is to support, teach and show you that
swimming is an activity for life.
This swim lesson series is nine (9) one hour swim classes. Participants of all swimming levels are welcome. The instructors
will be teaching breathing, balance and efficient swimming movements in a fun and supportive environment.
The instructors hold the following certifications: Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR / AED, First-Aide, American Swim Coaches Association,
United States Masters Swimming Certified Coaches and are recognized by The Special Olympics and by the National MS Society.
Participants to this program need to provide the following:
- Transportation to the pool
- Proper swim wear, goggles, towel and anything to shower with post lesson
- Must be continent of bowel
- Water to sip drink (in a plastic water bottle no glass)
- No open wounds
- Must have the ability to dress and undress yourself in the locker room or provide your own
caregiver to assist you
- Caregivers are welcome in the water for the 1st four weeks of class (if 18 years or older). If the
aide would like to continue to support their client a USMS registration is required. Please talk with the
lesson director for details.
Class Requirements: 18 and older. Class is subsidized by United States Masters Swimming Saves Lives. $50.00 USMS registration is required for all swimmers.